In this course you will learn
- What Google Analytics does and why it's so popular
- How to install Google Analytics on your own website
- How to interpret key data within Google Analytics
- Obtain a working knowledge of how to use Google Analytics with Facebook marketing
How to use this tutorial.
This tutorial is divided into two logical sections.
- How to create a Google Analytics account and install the software on your own website such as one you may have built in our other courses. If you do not have a website or already have Google Analytics working on your site, skip to the section titled "Analytics Live".
- This section starting with the lesson called "Analytics Live" uses an existing Google Analytics account to illustrate how to navigate some key areas of your Google Analytics report to interpret the type of traffic you are receiving to your site and what sections of your site are working best with that traffic.
Google Analytics is a great free tool from Google that allows you to monitor historical and real-time visitors to your website. It's probably the number one reporting tool in use, providing valuable information such as how many people have visited, how long they spent on the site, and which pages they viewed. Also, you can find out which country they came from and how effective you were at converting them from a visitor to a customer.
It is best if you do this tutorial in 2 separate windows side by side if possible, with the tutorial in one browser and Google in the other.